Hi! I’m Kelly Lutz, owner of Coaching Klutz and running and strength coach based in Arvada, CO.
Collegiate D1 runner turned ultrarunner, I’ve run multiple 5Ks, 10Ks, half marathons, and 50Ks. I am also a multi sport athlete who strength trains regularly and has balanced running with climbing.
My mission is to help women and LGBTQ+ folks train sustainably so they can enjoy training while dreaming big and pushing their limits.
I specialize in runners looking to break into ultramarathons. Ready to run your first 50k? You’ll want me on your team.
Check out my coaching options here.
Coached athlete highlights:
- 50+ athletes coached total
- 10+ women coached to their first ultra
- Coached 2nd place female at the 2023 Leadville 100
- Numerous 5k, half marathon and marathon PRs
- UESCA Certified Running and Ultrarunning Coach
- 80/20 Certified Coach
- VDOT O2 Certified Coach
- NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS)
- UESCA Endurance Sports Nutrition Certification
My Coaching Values
Sustainability is at the core of my coaching. Training should fit into your life, not the other way around. #trainsustainably
Along with sustainability is a focus on long term growth. I want you to be running for a long time (assuming you want that as well).
You won’t always enjoy training, but overall my goal is for you to enjoy the process on our way to your goals. If you’re not enjoying it, why are you even running?
A training plan should be data informed, which includes both hard data (pace, HR, etc) and subjective feedback (how you feel).
Connection & Communication
Coaching is a relationship that requires connection and communication. The best results come from mutual trust and open communication.
In the media
- Women’s Health Mag: The Best Saucony Running Shoes, According To A Running Coach And A Physical Therapist
- Help Me Understand Podcast: Moving Through All or Nothing Thinking w/Run & Strength Coach Kelly Lutz
- Start Running: 8 Coaches Show You How to Go the Distance by Lucie Hanes
- This is Joy & Claire Podcast: How to Start Running with Coach Kelly Lutz
- Interview with Voyage Denver
- Multi-Sport Athlete? 5 Ways to Keep Running in the Mix by Lucie Hanes
- Interview with CanvasRebel
- Running for Skeptics and Beginners by Elizabeth Knight
- Bold Journey Interview: Meet Kelly Lutz